I have a beautiful brand new hard back copy of Michel Roux's Cook Book - Eggs, to give away to one lucky reader. And by beautiful... I mean.... beeeeeeautiful - the recipes and photographs are to die for.
Of course, because I have a book on eggs to give away, I could hardly post a recipe for something that did not have at least one egg in it.
This Red Pepper Frittata has six. Six whole eggs. I was very tempted to use eight and that was in fact "The plan". But you should all know by now that me and plans... we don't get along too well. I only had six eggs, so an eight egg frittata was gonna be a bust unless I went to the shops. I wasn't getting the car out for two eggs. I had wine, or I could have gone for wine and inadvertently purchased eggs as well, and maybe some chocolate.
I would have made an omelet but this is one dish (among many) whose perfection defeats me. I like omelettes a little soft in the middle, but I'm never sure if I want to fold it, or have it flat like a frittata and half way through deciding I end up with scrambled. If you want to know How To Make an Omelette... click on the link I've just given you!
Back to THE GIVE AWAY... dun, dun, duuunnnnnnnn....
Just answer me this and you’re entered to win:
What popular kids TV show theme music started with the words... "Up above the streets and houses..."
(Not related to the cookbook at all, I know.... if you don't know the answer just say "Captain Caveman, who cares, just give me the book!" or whatever else you fancy (keep it clean though), to be in with a chance of winning.)
You can also follow me here, here, here, here and here and come let me know in individual comments below.
This giveaway is limited to UK residents only and is sponsored by Media Agency London.
I'll be picking the winner at random and announcing them on November 25th.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Red Pepper Frittata Recipe
Serves 3 - 4
Prep time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 15 - 20 minutes
Total time - 20 - 25 minutes
You will need
A non stick oven proof omelette pan
1 sweet pointed red pepper - sliced
1/2 red onion - sliced
4fl oz/100ml single cream (half and half)
4oz/100g Mexican style cheese (with chilli peppers)
6 teaspoons of Philadelphia Light with grilled red peppers
fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Place the pan on your stove over a medium heat and gently dry fry the pepper and onion for about 3 minutes. You can add a dash of olive oil if you choose.
- In a jug or bowl beat together the eggs and cream and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the pan, give it a gentle shake then scatter in the cheese and cover with the rest of the egg mixture. Give it another shake and the peppers should float up slightly.
- Preheat your grill/broiler to a low to medium heat.
- Cook the eggs very gently for about 8 - 10 minutes or until the bottom of the frittata is pale golden brown - you can check by very gently lifting the edges with a non stick spatula.
- Gently dot the surface of the frittata with the teaspoons of Philadelphia then place under the grill to finish cooking for about 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Garnish with fresh torn basil leaves(optional)
- Serve hot or cold.
NOTE: You can finish off a frittata in the oven rather than under a grill, but this way works for me.