4 September 2012

* Pasta Peperonata {Jamie Oliver}

Pasta Peperonata Recipe
I realise I'm a bit crap at taking photos of food, but where there's a will there's a way. I've finally found out what the gazillion settings on my little Panasonic camera are, and have discovered a mode titled *food* - hopefully it'll help. Only time will tell...

Of course - I can hardly practice taking food photos of empty plates...ugh... okay I did actually try taking photos of empty plates. It was not... good. SO... I thought I'd best get on and cook something, for the sake of my photography skills (or lack thereof) and make some room in my fridge for stuff to actually breathe.

Jamie Oliver to the rescue and Pasta Peperonata was the test subject.

Amazingly, Neil was more than happy to eat yet another meal that had no meat in it - and this one got the royal thumbs up. I think the LARGE glass of wine may have contributed to his slightly goofy "Aaaaw that werse luffly!"

I'll take praise where I can get it. Doesn't have to be sober praise. It just has to be praise.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Pasta Peperonata Recipe

Serves 2

Prep time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 40 minutes 
Total time - 45 minutes

You will need
A large saucepan
A frying pan/skillet with lid

Ingredients
140g dried pennoni rigate pasta (or similar)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red pepper - deseeded and sliced
1 yellow or orange pepper (or the equivalent - I used several small sweet orange peppers) - deseeded and sliced
1 red onion - sliced
1 clove garlic - crushed
1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley - finely chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 heaped dessert spoon grated parmesan
2 heaped tbsp crème fraîche
salt and pepper
parmesan to garnish

Method
Heat the oil in the frying pan and add the peppers. Cover with a lid and cook on a low temperature for 15 minutes. Don't rush this bit as it genuinely makes the peppers so much sweeter. 
 Cook pasta according to packet instructions.



Add the red onions to the frying pan, put the lid back on and cook for a further 20 minutes. Add the garlic and half of the parsley - reserve the other half for garnish - and toss through, cooking for a further 3 minutes.

Add the balsamic vinegar, stir through. Now add the parmesan and the crème fraîche, stir to combine with the peppers et al.


Drain the pasta and pour it into the frying pan. Mix it all up, gently.

 Serve garnished with parsley and a scattering of parmesan.... and wine.. and some focaccia.



OH MY GOD THIS WAS NOMMY!

Barely adapted from Jamie Oliver's - Jamie's Dinners

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to read my recipes (and ramblings). I love it when you let me know what you think - so please leave a comment and I promise to take the time to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...